Search for your library-related question here.
Where can I find this book location (Oversize, Main Stacks, etc.) in the library?
When you search in the library catalog you will notice that there are different "locations" listed. Books can have the same call numbers but be kept in different locations due to size, condition, rareness, etc.
Alphabetical list of locations and the area of the library where they can be found:
- ATLAS- Level 1 in the Information Commons (closest to the printers)
- BASEMENT STORAGE- click here for details on how to request books from the basement
- CIRCULATION DESK- Level 1 at the Circulation Desk
- CMC (Curriculum Collection) (Children's books)- Level 2 behind the elevator
- DICT STAND (Dictionaries)- Level 1 in the Information Commons between group study rooms and photocopier
- EXTRA OVERSIZE- Level 3 near Oversize
- FLAT- Level 3 near Oversize (books) or in Basement Storage (generally periodicals). Please request if you are uncertain.
- INFO DESK- Level 1 Information Desk
- MAIN STACKS- Level 2 (call numbers starting with A - PM), Level 3 (call numbers starting PN - Z)
- OVERSIZE- Level 3 behind the elevators
- PERIOD (Current Periodicals) - Level 2 between the media group study rooms
- POP READ COLL (Popular Reading Collection) - Level 2 near the fireplace
- REF (Reference)- Level 1 in the Information Commons
- RESERVES-CIRCULATION DESK- On reserve for a class, for use in library only - available at the Circulation Desk
- SPEC COLL (Special Collections)- contact Archives and Special Collections