Search for your library-related question here.
Where can I find this book location (Oversize, Main Stacks, etc.) in the library? Where can I find this call number?
When you search in the library catalog you will notice that there are different "locations" listed. Books can have similar call numbers but be kept in different locations due to size or rareness. For help finding these books, check the map or the alphabetical list of locations below.
- ATLAS - Level 1 in the Information Commons (closest to the printers)
- BASEMENT STORAGE - request books from the basement
- CIRCULATION DESK - Level 1 at the Circulation Desk
- CMC (Curriculum Collection - Children's books) - Level 2 behind the elevator
- DICT STAND (Dictionaries) - Level 1 in the Information Commons between group study rooms and photocopier
- EXTRA OVERSIZE - Level 3 near Oversize
- FLAT - Level 3 near Oversize (books) or in Basement Storage (periodicals).
- INFO DESK - Level 1, at the Information Desk
- MAIN STACKS - Call numbers A - PM -- Level 2 / Call numbers PN - Z -- Level 3
- OVERSIZE - Level 3 behind the elevators
- PERIOD (Current Periodicals) - Level 2 between the media group study rooms
- POP READ COLL (Popular Reading Collection) - Level 2 near the fireplace
- REF (Reference) - Level 1 in the Information Commons
- RESERVES-CIRCULATION DESK- On reserve for a class, for short term use in the library only - available at the Circulation Desk
- SPEC COLL (Special Collections)- contact Archives and Special Collections to make an appointment