Search for your library-related question here.
What is an item status and what does it mean?
The Item Status in the library catalog tells you whether a book is available or is unavailable for various reasons.
Please contact either the Circulation Desk or Information Desk for more help if you have trouble finding an item.
Common item statuses:
- AVAILABLE - This item is not checked out to anyone in our system, and it should be on the shelf (check item location). If an AVAILABLE item is not in its place on the shelf, please visit Circulation to see if it was recently returned or to fill out a search card.
- IN PROCESS - This item is being cataloged. Fill out the rush processing form to get it.
- DUE [ with date ] - This item is checked out to a patron already. You can consider placing a hold on the item at the Circulation Desk.
- ON SEARCH - This item could not be found, and the library is searching for it. Most likely it is unavailable.
- IN TRANSIT - Item was previously on hold. Please search for the book in its location, or ask at Circulation.
- ON HOLD / ON HOLDSHELF - This item is on hold for another patron. If you want to be notified when it is no longer on hold for them, call Circulation.
- LIB USE ONLY / IN HOUSE USE- Item is available, but cannot be checked out of the library.
- LINK+ PAGED - This item has been requested by a patron at another LINK+ library, but it may still be available to LMU patrons. Please check the shelf or ask at Circulation.
- [Due Date] LINK+ OFF CAMPUS - This book is checked out to a LINK+ patron. Please request through LINK+ or ask at the Information Desk for more help.
- LOST / MISSING / DAMAGED / BILLED - This item is unavailable.
- ON ORDER (or 1 copy ordered for (item location)) - Item is not at the library yet, we have ordered it but it has not arrived.