Search for your library-related question here.
How do I request a book for mail delivery?
Requesting library materials for mail delivery
LMU students and faculty who are working or studying fully remotely and live more than 25 miles from campus may request delivery of books.
- Are you coming to campus or can you visit? LMU students, faculty, and staff can request books using the Request button and stop by the library to pick up books.
- Are you still learning completely remotely? LMU students and faculty who are working and learning fully remotely and live 25 miles or more from campus can get library books mailed to their homes by using the Mail Delivery Form.
To get started, search for a book in the library catalog.
Once you find a book that looks useful, click on the title and check that it is available in the library for you to request. Under “Status”, you should see AVAILABLE.
If you would like to pick up the book at the library, use the red Request button at the top. If you would like to request the book for mail delivery, please use the link on the right to request mail delivery.
Items with the following Locations can be requested:
- Main Stacks
- Basement Storage (books only, some other materials will be available only for pickup)
- CMC (any age) – Curriculum Materials Collection (3-week loan period)
- POP READ – Popular Reading Collection (3-week loan period)
For the mail delivery form, you will need to include your mailing address and details about the book. If you live within 25 miles of the campus, we encourage you to pick up books at the library if possible (you can use the red Request button at the top of the page instead of the mail delivery form). If you live within the United States but not within 25 miles of campus, choose mail delivery.
Once you complete this form, it will be sent to our library staff, who will retrieve books from the shelves Monday through Friday, during library open hours. You will receive an email once your item has been sent out via mail delivery.